The morning opened with a 3 hour presentation with Eleanor Ruckman on Socio-Emotional Learning using Art Therapy strategies in the Art Classroom.
With a brief introduction to NeuroScience, we learned various strategies and projects to use with large groups of students. Strategies included
- grounding exercise using breath, movement and color visualization
- Repetitive drawing with dominant hand, non dominant hand, both hands
- Silent Nature walk and collage
- Naming art work (left brain/right brain work)
Afternoon workshops included
- a hands on printmaking workshop, led by ______________
- Docent tour of the Oakland Museum Exhibition, Oakland Takes Root
- Curriculum Slam, facilitated by Ross Rodruck (Westlake MS teacher)
- Copy of 1st Annual OUSD Curriculum Slam!