Explore our growing list of resource link!
THE POWER WITHIN: RESOURCES FROM INSIDE OUR NETWORK
- Alicia Arnold -Fashion Academy of Art & Design oaklandfada.org/
- Blanka Soltys – Ceramics at Oakland Tech – otceramics.wordpress.com/
- Artists Statement Student Worksheet – Deborah Gordon
- Jamie Treacy https://skylineart.wordpress.com/
- Colored Pencil Project Lesson – D.GreenRUBRIC
- Edna Brewer Middle School – Visual Arts Blog
- Redwood Heights Elementary – Art Integration School
- VAPA Jan 29 PD day linkable resources, including powerpoints.
- OUSD Visual & Performing Arts
- Deborah Gordon recommends: Art Class as Sanctuary City
- J.Treacy’s STEAM Presentation PP.STEAM.Wkshp.Series1.JTreacy;
ARTS EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS SHARING INVENTORY
- Link to VATN Resource Sharing where you can upload items that are up for grabs.
- MOCHA art for educators
- Integrated Learning Specialists Program http://www.artiseducation.org/what-we-do/our-programs/integrated-learning-specialist-program
- California State Summer School for the Arts (CSSSA) High School Student opportunity. Pre-college program for motivated high school students in the arts held on the campus of the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) in Valencia, CA. CSSSA offers immersion in seven different artistic disciplines: dance, music, theatre, visual arts, creative writing, film and animation. California residents enrolled in grades 9 -12 are eligible to apply to CSSSA. All students are accepted into CSSSA based on artistic potential and artistic merit on a needs-blind basis, and scholarships are provided to all admitted students who qualify for financial aid.
FRAMEWORKS & PROTOCOLS
- Agency by Design thinking routines
- Visual Thinking in Action – Project zero, includes toolkit of thinking routines
- See/Think/Wonder routine
- Visual Thinking Strategies http://www.vtshome.org/
- Teaching For Understanding http://www.pz.gse.harvard.edu/teaching_for_understanding.php
- Studio Thinking Framework – Habits of Mind http://www.artiseducation.org/research-tools/tool/studio-thinking-8-studio-habits-mind
- Studio Habits of Mind Wheel
- Restorative Justice Resources, including Peacemaking Circles process
- Feldman’s Model of Art Criticism
- Gallery Walks
OTHER TEACHING RESOURCES
- ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) and Arts Integration:
- PINTEREST https://www.pinterest.com/camillego/stem-%2B-art-steam/;
- EDUTOPIA https://www.edutopia.org/stem-to-steam-resources;
- KQED https://ww2.kqed.org/arts/2017/03/05/the-unlikely-marriage-of-crochet-and-climate-change/
- ACOE – Arts Integration Specialist Program http://www.integratedlearningacoe.org/; http://RISD htp://stemtosteam.org/
- STEM to STEAM: From the Rhode Island School of Design, this website is a “show and tell” of links to resources, policy updates, and ideas.
- The STEAM-Powered Writing Workshop | KQED Learning | KQED
- MINDFULNESS – https://artofmindfulness.wordpress.com/; Mindfulness, Creativity & Art Education Webinar NAEA Vitual http://virtual.arteducators.org/webinar/20454 Presenter: Rebecca A. Stone-Danahy; 20 minute exercise. https://soundcloud.com/artofmindfulness/guided-mindful-drawing-meditation-20-minutes
- PBIS – Positive Behavior Intervention Support (BPIS) for download mindful-schools-starter-lessons peace-corners resourcespage tisvignettes 5pointscalewithfaces-2
- Nadine Burke Harris’s TED Talk How Childhood Experiences Affect Health Across a Lifetime.
- ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences) test, where high scores correlate with significant biological repercussions via the stress response system.
- PBIS strategies applicable to your teaching, here.
- Spiral Art Education “Cool Curriculum” for secondary school engaging social justice approaches;
- Art Assignment PBS series / exploring history through the lens of the present with contemporary artists offering up engaging assignments.
- Carol Dwek/Growth Mindset TED talk
- Class Dojo – simple ways to build happier classrooms
- Beautiful Oops – to foster creativity;
- Culture Core – great go to source for African American artists and cultural scholars
- The Art Assignment on PBS. http://www.theartassignment.com/ Great teaching ideas and videos.
- Scholastic Art Magazine
- National Standards visual arts common core assessment questions
- Lindsey Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek— taxidermy resources for life drawing
- PUB How to Critique video
- Elmo Document Camera
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Ted Talk—The Danger of a Single Story
- Journal Fodder Junkies http://www.journalfodderjunkies.com/Downloads.html and Blogspot http://www.journalfodderjunkies.blogspot.com/
- KQED Art School http://ww2.kqed.org/artschool/
- KQED Spark http://www.kqed.org/arts/programs/spark/
- Art 21 http://www.art21.org/
- Olivia Gude’s Bricolage Curriculum and Next Generation Standards and Spiral Art
- Exploratorium – Center for Inquiry http://www.exploratorium.edu/arts/center-art-inquiry and Arts as a Way of Knowing – http://www.exploratorium.edu/knowing/
- Ai Wei Wei on Alcatraz http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/ai-weiwei.aspx
- DESIGN THINKING – TED Talk / Tim Brown http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_brown_urges_designers_to_think_big?language=en
- 48 Great Examples of Doodle Art” http://www.creativebloq.com/illustration/doodle-art-912775
- SKETCHING – D.Gordon recommendations for creating visual explanations regardless of artistic skill: The Sketchnote Handbook and the The Sketchnote Workbook. The Napkin Sketch Workbook by Don Moyer
- Maps of the Mind – Charles Hampden-Turner
- Mapping the Intelligence of Artistic Work – Anne West
- Maps of the Imagination: The Writer as Cartographer – Peter Turchi
- Arboretum – David Byrne
- Creative Mapping Project A 3-year learning initiative exploring the politics, ethics and aesthetics of map-making through the lens of contemporary artistic practice.
Mapping walking paths GPS technology, artist Jeremy Wood; 8th grade students GPS drawings of walking over 2 days arounds their school; Personal Geographies and Journeys of Identity, Displacement, Migration relevant to social and creative identities as young people; Artist Monica de Moranda and Geographer Paul Goodwin; The PRONOID Map the belief the world is conspiring to please you; and Mapping the Creative Process
- Title 2: Fund for Preparing, Training and Recruiting High Quality Teachers and Principals
- Donors Choose – crowd source funding to support teachers and classrooms of students
- Think It Up – Student Powered / Teacher Led / Crowd Funded http://collegeready.gatesfoundation.org/2015/09/watch-think-it-up-live-sept-11-87-c/
- California Arts Council http://www.cac.ca.gov/opportunities/grants.php
- Philanthropic Ventures Foundation http://www.venturesfoundation.org/
- National Art Education Association http://www.arteducators.org/
- California Art Education Association http://www.caea-arteducation.org/
- Create CA Putting arts and creativity at the core for transforming education in California.
- California Alliance for Arts Education – arts education advocacy organization